The availability of Accuware Bluetooth Beacon Tracker depends on several related factors. This page lists all the parties involved and their responsibilities.
The hardware part is not under our responsibility. Aprilbrother (or the distributor) is responsible for the warranty related to the BLE nodes. If a BLE node is defective and it can not communicate with the Accuware server then the information about the BLE beacons detected will be lost. However we would like to underline that our customers have never encountered any kind of physical defect on the Aprilbrother BLE nodes so far. All the information about theBLE nodes can be found inside this page.
Electricity and the Internet connection
The electricity and the Internet connection availability are not under our responsibility. You (or your customer) are responsible for them. If a BLE node is not able to connect to the permanent WiFi network then the information about the BLE beacons detected will be lost. The same thing happens obviously in the event of a complete black-out. All our customers with concerns related to the Internet connection opted for these solutions:
- some customers purchased a Standalone version of Accuware Bluetooth Beacon Tracker (this is explained in one of the next paragraphs). The BLE nodes will exchange data with a local sever (on which is running the Accuware Bluetooth Beacon Tracker software) and you won’t have to worry anymore for data being lost due to the drop of the Internet connection.
- other customers purchased one of the many devices capable of sharing a 4G/LTE Internet connection through WiFi in order to be completely independent from the Internet connection provided inside buildings that are not under their control. At this link there are some examples of these devices.
Aprilbrother firmware and nodes parameters
The reliability of the Aprilbrother firmware is not under our responsibility. Anyway Aprilbrother releases new upgrades only after several months of testing. They have hundred thousands of customers spread all around the world and this means that their firmware upgrades are always bulletproof. For what concern the parameters: the BLE nodes must be configured following the instructions inside this page.
The Accuware servers performance are very high because we rely on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) and we are able to scale the resources dynamically based on the number of BLE nodes that need to be managed and the number of BLE beacons that need to be tracked. This means that there are virtually no limits regarding the computational power that we can provide. Our suite of products (for indoor positioning, traffic analysis and proximity detection) based on the nodes has been launched in 2010 and we have not had down times, so far. The Amazon SLA is around 99,95% (click here to see details).
Even if the reliability of the AWS is high, please keep in mind that the overall performance of the solution in which our services is integrated is also influenced by:
- the performances/reliability of the network that goes from your physical site (where the nodes are physically installed) to the Accuware server.
- the performances/reliability of the network that goes from the location where the Accuware API are called to the Accuware server.
It is clear that the performances/reliability of these networks are not under our control. This is one of the reasons you might be interested in the standalone installation of our technologies.
The cloud version of the Accuware technologies is by far the most popular. Despite this, we have already several customers who are using the standalone version of the Accuware technologies:
- it is the cheapest choice for projects with a duration greater than 3 years and a number of nodes greater than 200 nodes.
- it allows to handle situations of poor performances/reliability of the network that goes from the nodes to the Accuware server.
- it allows to keep the data collected internally on your server allowing thus to address privacy and data security concerns of any kind even if, as explained above, our cloud based servers are secure and data is accessible only by authenticated users under HTTPS protocol as you can read inside this support page.