Before installing Bluetooth Beacon Tracker make sure to have:
- A set of BLE nodes.
- The Accuware Activation email with the credentials to access the Accuware dashboard.
- At least 1 BLE device.
Step 1 – Configuration of the BLE nodes
Each one of the BLE nodes must be configured properly to communicate with the Accuware server following these steps:
- Turn on the BLE node you want to configure. The BLE node will start blinking every second and broadcast a temporary WiFi network with the following parameters:
- SSID: ab.gateway-xxxxx (where xxxxx is a code wrote on a label on the BLE node)
- password: 12345678
- Connect a PC/laptop/tablet/smartphone to this temporary WiFi network. NOTE: if your PC/laptop/tablet/smartphone keeps disconnecting from the temporary WiFi broadcasted by the BLE nodes (ab.gateway-xxxxx), very likely it is because your device is trying to connect to another known WiFi network (like the home network or office network). By asking to your device to “forget” those known WiFi networks your device should maintain the connection with the ab.gateway-xxxxx allowing you to complete the configuration process.
- Open your browser and type the IP address 192.168.4.1 to access the settings of the BLE node.
- Click on the Dashboard tab and check if the firmware version is equal or greater than firmware 1.12 (if not please contact us using this form).
- Click on the Wi-Fi tab and click on Scan Wi-Fi inside the WiFi Station Setting area. After 5 seconds you should see the list of WiFi networks available.
- Click on the permanent WiFi network and inside the Security Key field type the password of the permanent WiFi network. The permanent WiFi network is a Wi-Fi network that covers ENTIRELY the area in which the BLE nodes will be installed. The BLE nodes don’t have an Ethernet interface.
- Click on Save and wait for the BLE node to reboot.
- Click on the Application tab. Set these parameters:
- Connection Type: MQTT Client
- Host: navimote2.navizon.com
- Port: 1883
- Publish Topic: beacons (please note that even though the value is shown by default, you need to actually type it in the text field!)
- Request Interval: 3
- Click on Save and Restart. The BLE node will start blinking 3 times every second.
Repeat the configuration for all the BLE nodes you want to configure.
Do not change any other parameter! DO NOT upgrade the firmware on the BLE nodes.
Step 2 – Physical installation of the nodes
During the physical installation of the nodes:
- print the reference system chosen previously (e.g. the floor plan, Google Indoor Maps etc..).
- write on the reference system the location and the MAC address of each one of the nodes that you want to install. The MAC address is printed on a label on the bottom of each node.
- install the nodes in the environment following carefully the information inside the paragraph 2.3 – Physical location of this support page.
Step 3 – Configuring the Accuware dashboard
Login to the Accuware dashboard
Access the Accuware dashboard at this page and follow the instructions on the login screen. Please supply the credentials contained in the Accuware Activation email and press the Login to dashboard button.
Add the nodes
You will have to position each node on the floor plan. To set the nodes positions, please:
- Select BT Beacon Tracker > Nodes.
- Enable your floor plan by clicking on the Floor plan button in the top left corner of the map (it might take a few seconds to see the floor plan if the image is large).
- zoom on the floor plan as much as possible and click on the map to create a new node (or click on marker to edit the information of an existing node). Enter its MAC address and optionally a name and a description that will make it easier to identify the node itself.
- Click on Save. If you see an Error message it means that the node is inside another Accuware site. Please submit a support request using this form and provide us the MAC address so we can remove it from the other site.
- Repeat the Step 3 and 4 for all the nodes that have been physically installed in your site.
The node positions, set using the Accuware dashboard, are used to resolve the location of the mobile devices and this is why it is mandatory to closely match the nodes’ map locations with their physical locations. A small inaccuracy (of ~0.5 meters) during the placement of the nodes is acceptable.
Verify the reporting status
Once the BLE nodes have been added to the Accuware dashboard to check the status of the nodes:
- Click on the BT Beacon Tracker > Map.
- Turn ON one of the BLE devices (previously configured with the parameters described inside this page).
- Verify that all the nodes are active (green). The green color indicates that the nodes are reporting data to the Accuware server.
Test Bluetooth Beacon Tracker
You can now test the tracking capabilities of Bluetooth Beacon Tracker by following the instructions inside this support page.