Before installing Bluetooth Beacon Tracker make sure to have:
- 1 node.
- The Accuware Activation email with the credentials to access the Accuware dashboard.
- At least 1 BLE device.
Step 1 – Configuration of the BLE node
The BLE node must be configured properly to communicate with the Accuware server following these steps
- Turn on the BLE node you want to configure. The BLE node will broadcast a temporary WiFi network with the following parameters:
- SSID: ab.gateway-xxxx (where xxxxx is a code wrote on a label on the BLE node)
- password: 12345678
- Connect your PC/laptop to this temporary WiFi network.
- Open your browser and type this IP address 192.168.4.1 to access the settings of the BLE node.
- Click on the Dashboard tab. Check if the firmware version is equal or greater than firmware 1.12 (if not please contact us using this form).
- Click on the Wi-Fi tab and click on Scan Wi-Fi inside the WiFi Station Setting area. After 5 seconds you should see the list of WiFi network available.
- Click on the permanent WiFi network and inside the Security Key field type the password of the permanent WiFi network. The permanent WiFi network is a Wi-Fi network that covers ENTIRELY the area in which the BLE nodes will be installed. The BLE nodes don’t have an Ethernet interface.
- Click on Save.
- Wait for the BLE node to reboot and click on the Application tab. Set:
- Connection Type: MQTT Client
- Host: navimote2.navizon.com
- Port: 1883
- Publish Topic: beacons (please note that even though the value is shown by default, you need to actually type it in the text field!)
- Request Interval: 3
- Click on Save and Restart.
Do not touch any other parameter! DO NOT upgrade the firmware on the BLE node.
Step 2 – Physical installation of the node
During the physical installation of the node take note of the MAC address and its location. The MAC address is printed on a label on the bottom of each node. Install the node in the environment following carefully the information inside the paragraph 2.3 – Physical location of this support page.
Step 3 – Configuring the Accuware dashboard
Login to the Accuware dashboard
Access the Accuware dashboard at this page and follow the instructions on the login screen. Please supply the credentials contained in the Accuware Activation email and press the Login to dashboard button.
Add the node
To set the node position, please:
- Select BT Beacon Tracker > Nodes.
- Enable your floor plan by clicking on the Floor plan button in the top left corner of the map (it might take a few seconds to see the floor plan if the image is large).
- zoom on the floor plan as much as possible and click on the map to create a new node (or click on marker to edit the information of an existing node). Enter its MAC address and optionally a name and a description that will make it easier to identify the node itself.
- Click on Save. If you see an Error message it means that the node is inside another Accuware site. Please submit a support request using this form and provide us the MAC address so we can remove it from the other site.
Verify the reporting status
Once the BLE node has been added to the Accuware dashboard to check the status of the node:
- Click on the BT Beacon Tracker > Map.
- Turn ON one of the BLE devices (previously configured with the parameters described inside this page).
- Verify that the node is active (green). The green color indicates that the node is reporting data to the Accuware server.
Test Bluetooth Beacon Tracker
You can now test the tracking capabilities of Bluetooth Beacon Tracker by following the instructions inside this support page.