1 – Requirements to be met by a floor plan
Here you can find all the things that you need to know during the upload of a floor plan to the Accuware dashboard. The ideal floor plan is an accurate and detailed digital image that shows the correct position of doors, walls and hallways. It must also be correctly scaled, so that relative proportions of features are maintained when the floor plan image is stretched or shrunk.
The Accuware dashboard supports the upload of GIF, JPG and PNG floor plans with a maximum size of 5 MB each one. If you have a PDF floor plan, then you should convert it into an image file using Adobe Acrobat or using an online service like these.
The floor plans MUST be accurate and detailed, showing the correct position of doors, walls, hallways, atriums, etc.
Be careful when working on the proportions of the floor plan image during the creation of the floor plan image or during the upload to the Accuware dashboard). Altering the relative dimensions of the image (and thus of the elements inside the floor plan) can compromise the results. It is absolutely important to maintain a proportion between the dimensions of the elements inside the floor plan and the dimension of the same elements in the real life. The idea is simple: if a room has a square shape, it should not be stretched and become a rectangle.
Be careful when scaling the floor plan image. It is crucial that the floor plan is scaled correctly so that it matches (as much as possible) the physical dimension of the building. To help you with this process you can change the floor plan opacity, switch to the Satellite view and use the ruler tool available on the right side of the map.
2 – Upload process
Access the Accuware dashboard at this page, supply the credentials contained in the email from Accuware Activation email and press the Login to Dashboard button.
- From the TOP menu select General > Floor Plans > Create new floorplan.
- Choose the address.
- Choose a high quality floor plan image.
- Select the Level ID, the Name and the Description. If you can’t select any of the listed levels, it means that there is already a floor plan image on each one of the levels and you need to create a NEW level!
- Move the floor plan image in its location. To help you with this process you can change the floor plan opacity, switch to the Satellite view and use the ruler tool available on the right side of the map. Make sure to scale the floor plan properly, DO NOT STRETCH IT, and KEEP THE PROPORTIONS. The inaccuracies of the floor plan will be directly reflected on the position computed by the system.
- Click on DONE and wait for the floor plan to be saved.