The Wearabouts App and the Smart tags generates a very little amount of traffic which is a function of:
- the frequency of the reports (with the scans) sent to the Accuware Wearabouts server.
- the number of WiFi access points and/or iBeacons inside each report.
- the weigh of each report.
To provide some real numbers regarding each report:
- A report with 1 Wi-Fi access point (or 1 iBeacon) detected weighs on average 100 [Bytes].
This number already takes into account:
- the extra information inside each report (e.g. battery, fw version…).
- the HTTP header.
- the overhead of the HTTPS protocol.
the amount of data downloaded when the new parameters are available
The number of Wi-Fi access points or iBeacons for each report can be seen by looking at the log of the Wearabouts App. The log can be accessed following these steps:
- Open the Wearabouts App.
- Let it run for some time.
- Click on the button in the top right corner of the App.
- Click on Send Debug Log and send it to your email.
- Open the log with any TXT editor.