The Accuware Sentinel Test Page is a powerful tool that can be used to evaluate quickly and easily the results provided by the Sentinel algorithm directly on your video streams!
Using the interface it is possible to upload short videos coming from:
- cameras installed in the production environment.
- or cameras installed in a test area that matches the configuration that most likely will be used in the production environment.
Requirements of the video input
The video streams that can be processed by the Sentinel Test Page MUST meet these requirements:
- Camera mounting: videos should be recorded from static cameras mounted above head height such that they point on the test area with an angle of about 45°.
- Resolution: the algorithm can process any resolution, but in order to be detected people should have a minimum screen width of at least 30 pixels. To optimize the processing time we suggest to resize the video to the lowest resolution where people can be detected:
- Monitoring a close up view – 320 x 240 Px may be sufficient.
- Monitoring a busy scene – 1280 x 720 Px / 720P / HD is required.
- Frame rate: at least 7 fps.
- Field of view (FOV): fields of view up to 90° are supported. Fish-eye lens are not supported!
- Color depth: color streams are recommended for best results.
- Scene lighting: must have good visible lighting conditions. Works fine in outdoors settings unless there are extreme lighting conditions like sun shining directly on the camera. Infrared streams are not supported.
- File format: MP4, AVI, MPEG
- Max file size: 2 GB.
- Max video length: 5 minutes.
Good example of video input
How to test your video
These are the easy steps to follow in order to check the output produced by the Sentinel engine on your video:
- Open the Accuware Sentinel Test Page at this link.
- If you HAVE already an Accuware Site please enter the Username, Password, mark the check box Use an Accuware Dashboard account, enter the SiteID and click on Login.
- If you DON’T HAVE a Accuware Site AND you have a set of credentials for the Sentinel Test page enter the Username, Password and click on Login.
- If you DON’T HAVE a Accuware Site AND you DON’T HAVE a set of credentials for the Sentinel Test page click on Create an account, enter a valid email address and a password and click on Register. Click on the verification link inside the email received. Login to the Sentinel Test page.
- Click on Upload Videos, click on Browse and select a video that meets the requirements listed in the previous paragraph.
- Click on Upload.
Once the upload is completed, click on Videos and then press the Process button. Depending on the size of your file, it might take a few minutes to get the results back. These are the possible status of a video that can be viewed by hovering the cursor on the hourglass:
- Copying (uploading)
- Waiting (queued for processing)